Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
TST works with all the challenges of a business, then work on the best strategy along with a great user experience and design for your custom web development solutions projects. The motive of our company is to enable a good business strategy with super innovative web designs and web development.
What is Search Engine Marketing?
To define the exact meaning of search engine marketing can be difficult because it has different definitions depending on the work and the company you work with.
SEM is defined by the set of tools, strategies and various techniques used to optimize the visibility of the websites and web pages via search engines. To be precise, the goal of SEM is to get your website a better position in search engine on Google and other sites.
SEM: Basic Concept
SEM is a very wide concept, and it has different to explore. Check out the links of a few articles linked below about SEM methodology to get a clearer idea about this concept.
Two game changers in online marketing strategies are the SEO and SEM. Many a times, the literal meanings of both these terms are confusing. The confusion to chose better option for the business and its growth and both these tools are be used to increase traffic and conversions.
A very popular form of SEM is the Google ads. While creating a SEM campaign in google, always remember to go from bring the most general to the most concreate one. Google ads give you a variety of options and structures to experiment with.
SEM campaigns overlook all the advertising strategies that rapidly escalate new ads in search engines like Google. To increase the positioning a SEM campaign can very easily encompass various ad groups and keywords.
It is a paid advertising method that is used to increase the chances of gaining better search engine positioning.
Why Use SEM?
Incorporating SEM in your digital marketing strategy can be very beneficial. Read below to know the importance of SEM.
- SEM brings highly qualified traffic to your website: Any good digital marketing strategy is known for attracting the interested and right users to the landing page. SEM works the best in attracting users’ attention and generate clicks for the website. This gives the users a good user experience because they land on the pages relevant to them. SEM makes sure users that land on a particular page are your potential customers.
- Increase in Visibility: To find a space in Google’s top searches is a great way of branding. SEM helps to increase your brand’s visibility and popularity. When a user finds your website on the first page, they are bound to look at it as a problem solver.
- Generate conversions: Google ads ensure that they are always super effective because they have the potential to generate conversions.
- Budget does not affect the results: Search engine advertising solutions are very flexible with budgets you provide. There is no large investment in the initial phase of advertising, so every small and medium business can use advertising. Once your brand starts growing, sky is the limit.
- Lastly, with the use of SEM Google ads solutions, one can not only place advertisements in search engine but can also make sure of data and parameters available to place contextual advertising on other websites. The possibilities to personalize the ads are very high. For instance, you can target users who have visited your page atleast once and see what type of products they are interest in. Mark the specific city they re coming from etc and then combine it with search engine advertising campaigns. This can be a powerful tool for growing your brand.
SEM Dictionary: Top Terms to Know
Come let’s review the most basic concepts you might want to know from the world of Search engine advertising. We all use Google majorly for most of our searches, so we are also going to base ourselves on the same terms used in google ads.
- Keywords: The basis search engine marketing is keywords. They are words or group of words and phrases that will help your ads reach the right users.
- Text ad: This is a standard ad type that is flashed on search engines. It has a title, two lines of related text and one customizable link.
- Impressions: It is the terms used for number of times an ad is shown.
- Clicks: The number of times an ad has been clicked.
- CTR: It’s the percentage of impressions that generates a click.
- CPC: It is the average cost per click. To save yourself from going over budget, you can define a maximum CPC for the business.
- Quality Level: Score of a keyword determined by google along with an ad determines CPC. In simple words, as the quality of your ad goes high, the amount you pay for each click lessens.